KJN Website
March 27, 2017, 10:28:39 AM

Author Topic: Being Anti-social  (Read 566 times)

January 15, 2016, 10:53:46 PM

Dave

• Cocktail
I've not been feeling people/world friendly recently, had tickets to see the girls back in Bristol (again) at the end of last year, as well as a few other bands that I really love but didn't go to any of them, my excuse?........
Well basically my other (better) half was diagnosed with cancer in October so I shunned the social media sites and became chauffer/chef/chief bottle washer/house husband in an effort to spend as much time with her during the many trips to and from hospital for test after test and consultation after consultation.
Whilst I might still not be around for the foreseeable future, the absolutely splendid news is that after surgery two weeks ago, they have removed all the cancerous tissue, she won't need chemotherapy and is now convalescing at home, well on the road to a full recovery.
This is the fourth member of my immediate family to be struck by this despicable disease in one guise or another and although we have been lucky in only losing one of those four and that many other families have gone through much worse, it has been quite a fraught time so I just wanted to say I wish to remain a member of this fan group, but until I feel able to re-join the throng I will be hiding in a niche in the corner. cheers  :)

You sell tickets to a funeral
'Cause you need tickets to Katzenjammer
January 16, 2016, 02:03:20 AM
Reply #1

Dust_Storm

• Dandylion Promo Coordinator
  • Trumpeter
Sending good thoughts to your lady. All the best to her!
January 17, 2016, 12:22:08 AM
Reply #2

Dave

• Cocktail
saw an email alert about your response.....thank you :)
You sell tickets to a funeral
'Cause you need tickets to Katzenjammer
January 18, 2016, 11:25:40 PM
Reply #3

Keith J

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Trumpeter
Worrying news, David. Wishing your lady a full recovery.