KJN Website
March 27, 2017, 04:41:42 AM

Author Topic: Campaign - Katzenjammer in Dublin  (Read 5178 times)

August 23, 2015, 11:41:01 PM

Bruna Feltrin

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - Ireland
  • Cherry
Hello Katzenjammer family!

I was checking Katzenjammer agenda for UK tour, and I realized that they dont have a booked gig on 14th, november (saturday) so.. I was wondering, if all of us make a campaign to try to make them to come to play in Dublin? We can tag some producers from Dublin (I know some :D ) and Who went to Katzenjammer in Dublin in 2010 , do you know who brought them? maybe we can contact who brought them for the very first  time !!

so.. it might be a crazy idea, but I think we should try! we are Katzenjammer Nation!!

EDIT 20/09/15: And the link for the petition is here: Please SIGN and SHARE this petition! :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:36:00 PM by Niamh »

August 24, 2015, 12:30:28 PM
Reply #1

Linda

• KJN Admin
  • Trumpeter
It was in Academy 2 on May 2nd in 2011. That's all I can find.
August 24, 2015, 05:35:39 PM
Reply #2

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Yep!  That was the gig that started all this madness (for me).  Had never heard of KJ until I read a friend's FB status who wanted the bus to arrive so she could "Katzenjammer it up".  Googled it.  Found out they were playing at the Academy (managed by Stageway who also did the sound there). 

Found Bar in Amsterdam.  Fell in love.  And just *had* to go to their next gig in Oslo as it was too late to get into the Academy (which would have been an awesome venue and they played "Rocky Road to Dublin" that night!)

Great idea about a campaign.  Definitely worth a try.  I know it is not economical for them to play in Ireland - dragging around all the instruments etc to a small little island- but hopefully the girls feel like an adventure!  I will definitely return for it if it is a successful campaign! :)

So....KJN can set up a campaign on the forum for you as moderator, so you can be in charge of how that the campaign is managed.  Then we'll share  the campaign (forum link) on KJN International, and even add Ireland to the KJN UK "street team" so you can manage the campaign on FB as well as on this forum, and add you as an admin to that FB page.  "KJN UK and Ireland" has a nice ring to it :)  If you're up for that responsibility, Bruna?  To essentially become the Irish representative for the "KJN UK and Ireland Street Team"?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:03:52 PM by Niamh »
August 24, 2015, 10:11:39 PM
Reply #3

Bruna Feltrin

• Cherry
Well,
I m in for the campaign!!
about the street team for Ireland, let me know what I'd have to do!!
I live her for only 1 year, still dont know katzenjammer s fans over here!! and I d totally help in whatever KJN needs!! :D

August 26, 2015, 10:43:15 AM
Reply #4

Keith J

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Trumpeter
I'd love to see them in Dublin (ideally on a Saturday) and I have a friend there who'd love to see them. After the Scala gig, I spoke to Marianne briefly and asked if a Dublin gig was likely but all she could say was that "it's not up to us". Indeed. It needs a local promoter to book them.
I don't know the ins and outs of how it works but presumably they'll only do so if they're sure that they'll sell enough tickets at a decent sized venue. How can they be sure? Album sales is one indicator, although probably not as important as in the past. Radio play would help but we all know how difficult that is (in the UK anyway). Worth trying, though as even one song played on an influential show can make a difference.
Remember that map that was posted showing where all the KJ fans came from? There were quite a few from Ireland so that would be worth highlighting. Perhaps some are on FB and could help with contacting promoters and radio stations.
August 27, 2015, 12:35:16 AM
Reply #5

Bruna Feltrin

• Cherry
Yes,
But I think they would have a good public here!
just need to find a good promoter!
that s why we should have a campaign!
who knows?
September 04, 2015, 12:30:10 PM
Reply #6

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Yes,
But I think they would have a good public here!
just need to find a good promoter!
that s why we should have a campaign!
who knows?

What I would suggest is something like an online petition.  Then we could add the link to it into a KJN "announcement" and then share that on all the KJN pages - website, twitter and FB (KJN Intl and KJN UK and Ireland).  Then it includes everyone - and not just those who use FB.

Something like this:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/black-lives-matter

It keeps all names on one locations, and it is easy to see how many have signed it.

What do you think?
September 04, 2015, 12:55:53 PM
Reply #7

Bruna Feltrin

• Cherry
Yess!
Awesome idea!
I can do that this weekend! :)
September 06, 2015, 04:24:16 PM
Reply #8

amanfromaran

• Cocktail
"After the Scala gig, I spoke to Marianne briefly and asked if a Dublin gig was likely but all she could say was that "it's not up to us". Indeed."

This has bugged me for a while since I first saw it. No offence meant to you.
I have this concept of Katzenjammer being _different_. Not just a "Girlband"- Thus arrangeable and disposable.  They've been banding together for over a decade, after all.

I have no sense of this Business; I have been fortunate enough to have made my way in Research.
But is Katzenjammer now really controlled by the Music Industry?  It wasn't that way once. Just look at what is available on Youtube up to now, without Commercials or DMCA takedowns-> ...Everything.

Has it really come to the point that some Suit can say- "No, you can't play in Dublin."?

¬amanfromaran

September 06, 2015, 04:38:28 PM
Reply #9

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
But is Katzenjammer now really controlled by the Music Industry?  It wasn't that way once. Just look at what is available on Youtube up to now, without Commercials or DMCA takedowns-> ...Everything.

Has it really come to the point that some Suit can say- "No, you can't play in Dublin."?

Sadly, the short and direct answer is "yes".  And you are quite correct that they had a lot more freedom (and disorganisation) before they signed with Universal.  Then everything changed - especially their marketing.  And the KJ "brand" changed from a live band for everyone, to a studio band for targeted audiences (with tours in those targeted countries).  With profit as the main concern.  Hopefully some of this profit does indeed trickle down to the girls, and does not just stay in the pants of the suited jocks.

Propeller seem to be a lot better as they have more innovative marketing skills than Universal.  But they are purely focused on the UK.  Ireland is not even an option for them as it is unprofitable and the option of a tour is smaller (aka it takes more effort to organise).

But....hopefully I am proven wrong.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:42:01 PM by Niamh »
September 06, 2015, 05:17:27 PM
Reply #10

amanfromaran

• Cocktail
Dear Niamh... (For those confused, in our Family, it is pronounced something like "Neeve".), I really didn't wish to know what you revealed. But wishing for not knowing doesn't mean the same thing as accepting what is revealed.  It is what it is.
I didn't know that Katzenjammer, or whomever represents them, had signed with Universal. Yuck.

My Best to You, and from my Cousin Niamh, and if you have a wee bit of Tansey, McKenna, or Colman in your background, please PM; my Sister is collecting this stuff. (Niamh is one of the recurrent Family names.)

¬amanfromaran
September 06, 2015, 05:37:07 PM
Reply #11

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!  I hope it still just an inaccurate opinion of mine. 

And yes, that is how my name is pronounced!  I don't have any connection to any of the family names you mentioned though!  However, please return my best to your cousin! :D
September 20, 2015, 12:35:29 PM
Reply #12

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
September 20, 2015, 01:16:10 PM
Reply #13

katzfanNI

• Cherry
why is it just to get the band to Dublin, and not Ireland as a whole. there are a lot of fans north of the border too, who'd love to see them play Belfast. Not everything in Ireland is Dublin-centric!!
September 20, 2015, 01:18:28 PM
Reply #14

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
why is it just to get the band to Dublin, and not Ireland as a whole. there are a lot of fans north of the border too, who'd love to see them play Belfast. Not everything in Ireland is Dublin-centric!!

Right you are, Curtis.  Bruna represented HER interests, and now it is time for you to represent yours.

Like we said on Facebook, if YOU create and manage a campaign, then we will happily share it for you like we did for Bruna.