KJN Website
March 27, 2017, 10:37:59 AM

Author Topic: Campaign for KJ to play at Jools  (Read 3505 times)

September 12, 2015, 09:08:13 PM
Reply #15

Keith J

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Trumpeter
Update: got an e-mail from the BBC. The show is being recorded from next Tuesday until 6th October. So well before the band hits these shores. Of course they'd probably be available to fly in for a recording but I'm not hopeful. They'll have booked all the bands by now. It's not unknown for someone to pull out but in these situations, they usually call on someone available locally to fill the gap. That's how KT Tunstall got her break.
September 13, 2015, 11:21:22 AM
Reply #16

Pet

• Cocktail
    • The Warriors of Love
I strongly suspect that the next series of 'Later' has been sewn up for several months.

I had an email from the BBC months ago, inviting me to apply for tickets for the next series.  In fact, I didn't apply for them for several reasons.  They include the reasons I seldom if ever watch the show. Heading the list, maybe, is that -- while there's usually at least one worthwhile band or artist -- there's always more than one dreadful performance... and much of it makes me think 'meh'.  As to Jules Holland, he was OK as the keyboard player in Squeeze, but he now irritates me a great deal.

Still, I suppose some people watch 'Later', and appearing on the show would potentially help Katzenjammer become better known in the UK.  It's quite possible that BBC planners are, right now, considering which bands and artists should be included in a 2016 series.
September 13, 2015, 12:39:40 PM
Reply #17

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Still, I suppose some people watch 'Later', and appearing on the show would potentially help Katzenjammer become better known in the UK.  It's quite possible that BBC planners are, right now, considering which bands and artists should be included in a 2016 series.

Haha!  I agree with all your first comments.

However....yes....this is possibly a campaign with a view to the long term (aka 2016 like you said).  So if it is something the "KJN UK and Ireland Street Team" wish to proceed with for 2016, I guess time is definitely on our side!
September 13, 2015, 02:48:13 PM
Reply #18

Pet

• Cocktail
    • The Warriors of Love
It's also too late, I'm sure, to think of Katzenjammer on Jules Holland's New Year Hootenanny.  I had an email from the BBC about that last year, and it was to be recorded in November (about six weeks before the New Year, if I recall correctly).  So the 2016 one will, I suppose, be recorded in maybe eight weeks time.  The BBC must have decided, by now, who is to appear.
September 13, 2015, 03:56:34 PM
Reply #19

Keith J

• Trumpeter
The BBC producers meet in August to plan their September/October shows. Pet is right in saying that they'll be planning the Hootenany event around now. KJ would fit well in to that but they tend to go for the well established. Some acts are those we thought retired a long time ago. But there's always a chance. An appearance on the Hootenany show did wonders for Seasick Steve's profile a few years ago.

I don't imagine KJ will be touring in 2016, unless they go to the USA or they get an invitation for something out of the ordinary.
September 13, 2015, 04:18:08 PM
Reply #20

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
I don't imagine KJ will be touring in 2016, unless they go to the USA or they get an invitation for something out of the ordinary.

Oh, yeah??
September 13, 2015, 04:40:09 PM
Reply #21

Keith J

• Trumpeter
Hopefully I'm being too pessimistic in my assessment :)
September 14, 2015, 12:46:00 AM
Reply #22

Pet

• Cocktail
    • The Warriors of Love
Who knows what the band will do in 2016?

I suspect that maybe even the band members don't yet know.   ::)
September 16, 2015, 06:10:13 PM
Reply #23

May

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - Deutschland
  • Cocktail
    • AdaptOrPerishOfficial
They plan something in Norway. But don't know more about it. Hearded it in a little interview they'd gave last weekend at the ndr2 soundcheck festival.
I heared it by accident...didn't know that they would give an interview that day xD