KJN Website
March 27, 2017, 08:18:30 PM

Author Topic: Introduce yourself...  (Read 14587 times)

October 04, 2015, 10:44:47 AM
Reply #90

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Updated KJN FB list as of today:

(Bear in mind that Katzenjammer's FB list would be a truer reflection of their fan base - these are only the ones who want to also join a "fan forum".  And it seems we lost one Brazilian supporter! :D)

Germany 537
Norway 269
United Kingdom 219
United States of America 133
Netherlands 101
Austria 27
Switzerland 25
Belgium 25
Mexico 23
France 21
Russia 20
Brazil 17
Hungary 16
Finland 15
Sweden 14
Denmark 14
Argentina 12
Australia 12
Czech Republic 12
Ukraine 9
Canada 8
Italy 7
Ireland 7
Spain 6
Japan 5
Peru 3
Kazakhstan 2
South Korea 2
Isle of Man 2
Egypt 2
Colombia 2
Iceland 2
Croatia 1
Cyprus 1
Indonesia 1
United Arab Emirates 1
Thailand 1
New Zealand 1
Slovakia 1
Latvia 1
Portugal 1
Algeria 1
Belarus 1
Chile 1
Poland 1
October 04, 2015, 09:01:39 PM
Reply #91

Pet

• Cocktail
    • The Warriors of Love
Thank you, Niamh.  Even if it's not quite a true reflection of the fan base, it's fascinating.  I notice, for instance, that there are two more fans in Mexico than there are in France.
October 08, 2015, 12:17:40 AM
Reply #92

Bruna Feltrin

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - Ireland
  • Cherry
yaaaaaaay! Brazil!! :D

October 09, 2015, 08:21:14 PM
Reply #93

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
October 10, 2015, 11:38:06 PM
Reply #94

Bruna Feltrin

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - Ireland
  • Cherry
yaaaaaaay! Brazil!! :D

Anything to do with you, Bruna?! :D ;)

Yes! sure!!
kidnap the girls to Brazil!! :D  8)
October 19, 2015, 11:45:40 PM
Reply #95

Keith J

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Trumpeter
I see our newest member is called 'nglekhoi'. I suspect he/she/it wont be posting the type of introduction we'd like!
October 20, 2015, 03:22:47 AM
Reply #96

amanfromaran

• Cocktail
"I see our newest member is called 'nglekhoi'. I suspect he/she/it wont be posting the type of introduction we'd like!"

I'm not so sure about that... by Google searching, "nglekhoi" seems to be someone who is into Java Code, Gaming, and is from Vietnam.
No Spam detected, so far...

"Betty" on the Katzenjammer Zeemaps is from Vietnam; this may now make two.

¬amanfromaran

October 20, 2015, 03:37:57 AM
Reply #97

amanfromaran

• Cocktail
Silly me, I forgot to say:

"Welcome nglekhoi, whoever you are."

¬amanfromaran
October 20, 2015, 10:54:44 AM
Reply #98

Pet

• Cocktail
    • The Warriors of Love
On the other hand, it may be that the questions new members have to answer are preventing nglekhoi from posting spam.  The user name looks more like a random series of letters than an actual Vietnamese name or a meaningful word in the Vietnamese language.   ::)

Of course, my suspicions (which, I suspect, are pretty well the same as Keith J's) may be wide of the mark.  If that's so, I apologise to nglekhoi, and would be interested to see a post (on this thread or elsewhere) from our new member.   :)
October 20, 2015, 01:15:46 PM
Reply #99

amanfromaran

• Cocktail
Am I really an Aman from a Ran? That is to say, Blue Cloth woven from Knotted Strings?
It is actually more subtle, and yet more direct, than that.

Ng Le Khoi
A perfectly respectable Vietnamese name, although from the "Ng" Surname I can infer some Chinese ancestry.

(There is a nglekhoi on Last.fm who has recently become besotted with Katzenjammer.  Not that I blame them... But it may be another nglekhoi entirely...)

"Of course, my suspicions (which, I suspect, are pretty well the same as Keith J's) may be wide of the mark."

This is the first time that I have encountered these kinds of Prejudices and Suspicions on this Forum, and I wish it to stop this Xenophobic nonsense, right NOW!

nglekhoi is just a Fan of Katzenjammer, from Vietnam. And nothing more.

¬ A Man From Aran

October 20, 2015, 02:03:45 PM
Reply #100

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
This is the first time that I have encountered these kinds of Prejudices and Suspicions on this Forum, and I wish it to stop this Xenophobic nonsense, right NOW!

nglekhoi is just a Fan of Katzenjammer, from Vietnam. And nothing more.

¬ A Man From Aran

Oh, gaaaawd!

Yes: please allow all new members the opportunity to speak for themselves before making any assumptions based on their usernames.  (Indeed: please just *don"t* make assumptions at all).

Like Amanfromaran says, this is a xenophobic free forum and we want to keep it this way.   

If you have genuine concerns about spam, please email KJN Admins.  (But I can guarantee we would already be on it of there was anything to worry about ;) )

And welcome Ng Le Khoi :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:07:08 PM by Niamh »
October 20, 2015, 03:20:52 PM
Reply #101

Pet

• Cocktail
    • The Warriors of Love
A suspicion is not the same as an assumption.  If I harboured no suspicions, my life expectancy in London would be very short.  It may well be that urban living has left me unduly suspicious.  If so, I apologise

That my doubts about the new member are based upon xenophobia is most definitely an assumption -- something which someone recently said that we shouldn't make.  If anyone thinks that there's no other reason for me to harbour such doubts, I invite that person to look at our new member's profile.  It shows that nglekhoi was last active on this site less than four minutes after registering.  If I make any inferences from that, they may be unwarranted, but seem to have no connection with xenophobia.
October 20, 2015, 03:36:40 PM
Reply #102

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
A suspicion is not the same as an assumption.  If I harboured no suspicions, my life expectancy in London would be very short.  It may well be that urban living has left me unduly suspicious.  If so, I apologise

That my doubts about the new member are based upon xenophobia is most definitely an assumption -- something which someone recently said that we shouldn't make.  If anyone thinks that there's no other reason for me to harbour such doubts, I invite that person to look at our new member's profile.  It shows that nglekhoi was last active on this site less than four minutes after registering.  If I make any inferences from that, they may be unwarranted, but seem to have no connection with xenophobia.

Let's leave it at: allow the member to introduce themselves before being analyzed for whatever reason.
June 23, 2016, 08:57:31 PM
Reply #103

CthulhuKid

• Cherry
Hiya folks.  New guy from the United States here.

Sadly only discovered the band only a year or so ago, through listening to Pandora and focusing on female led swing and big band music.  It played "Mother Superior" and I decided to look into the group further.  I purchased Le Pop and gave it a few plays.  My daughter (who was 3 or 4 at the time) fell head over heels in love with the group, and I've listened to nothing else since.  Heck, my Christmas present to her last year was a tour poster from when they were in Glasgow a few years back.  A five-year-old with a band poster on her wall already!  I don't know if I should be proud or not... :P

When I told her that Marianne was leaving, her immediate response was "Well, they'll just have to wait for someone to grow up to join the band."

That's my girl.

So yes, I'm introducing myself and talking about my daughter more than anything else, mainly because I'm boring and she's adorable.  So that's all I got.  I mainly joined to badger folks with questions (What the heck does the song Le Pop mean, anyway?  What's up with the Youtube video of them performing Bar in Amsterdam in front of an Orchestra?) so expect those in the near future.

Thanks for reading.

CK