KJN Website
March 27, 2017, 04:51:46 AM

Author Topic: Introduce yourself...  (Read 14557 times)

September 05, 2012, 12:35:45 AM
Reply #30

Jenny

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Cocktail
What is the correct term for two people living together these days? manfriend and womanfriend?  :D
Partners in crime? :D
Hi Dave, nice to meet you!
We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.
September 05, 2012, 05:16:25 PM
Reply #31

Steffi

• Trumpeter
    • Kate Havnevik
Hello and welcome all 'Newbies' ...  ;D
Great to have you around!!!  :)
"everything and anything is up to you"
September 08, 2012, 04:19:48 PM
Reply #32

MiaMia

• Cherry
Hello! :)
I'm Marianne and I think forum posting is a bit awkward ...
Well then, I'm 33 years old. I live in Oslo, Norway. 
I have a cat, I smoke, I drink, I'm alive!
anything else? neh. See you! ;)

September 08, 2012, 05:02:33 PM
Reply #33

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Hello! :)
I'm Marianne and I think forum posting is a bit awkward ...
Well then, I'm 33 years old. I live in Oslo, Norway. 
I have a cat, I smoke, I drink, I'm alive!
anything else? neh. See you! ;)

Welcome aboard. Mia and good to see you're still alive!!!  Haha!

September 08, 2012, 05:17:08 PM
Reply #34

MiaMia

• Cherry
Welcome aboard. Mia and good to see you're still alive!!!  Haha!

Thanks, Niamh :D   

October 24, 2012, 10:54:41 PM
Reply #35

Arm_waver

• Cherry
Hi folks.

What can I say - I first heard the group on Radio 2 on Mike Harding's show in January and was instantly hooked.
2012 has been a year of live music for me and loving every moment of it! Did my first Cropredy and already planning to go to next year's!
My ex-partner who is still a very dear friend reckons I am having my mid-life crisis - who cares I am loving it!

Finally getting the chance to see Katzenjammer live in just over a week at Oxford!!! Going with my daughter and with my best friend who managed to go to Brum. I was unable to go as couldn't get time off of work or someone to cover the last hour or so of my shift.

ATVB

G
October 28, 2012, 05:51:08 PM
Reply #36

Steffi

• Trumpeter
    • Kate Havnevik
Hey Mia  ;) and Arm_Waver ...

... good to have you aboard...!!! wooohooo!!!
October 28, 2012, 09:09:19 PM
Reply #37

Arm_waver

• Cherry
Thanks folks.

Less than 5 days to go until I finally get to see them live!
October 28, 2012, 11:57:49 PM
Reply #38

Kans

• Cherry
Hi!

My name is Knut and i'm 20 years, living in Oslo, Norway! So I speak the same language as the girls!:)
I work as a manager for a groove-noise band from Oslo, i also play in a band myself and i play the drums. 

I am pretty "new" fan, I heard Katzenjammer for the first time maybe a year ago on the radio but i never new it was Katzenjammer. So you could say i "re-discovered" the band around March - April this year, and I instantly fell in love! They move me, make me happy and always puts a smile on my face!

This is why i have started a Katzenjammer tattoo on my leg! I am thinking of starting a thread on the forum, to post pictures and updates. hmm...

Any questions, just ask! :D

Knut.
October 29, 2012, 11:33:29 AM
Reply #39

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Hi!

My name is Knut and i'm 20 years, living in Oslo, Norway! So I speak the same language as the girls!:)
I work as a manager for a groove-noise band from Oslo, i also play in a band myself and i play the drums. 

I am pretty "new" fan, I heard Katzenjammer for the first time maybe a year ago on the radio but i never new it was Katzenjammer. So you could say i "re-discovered" the band around March - April this year, and I instantly fell in love! They move me, make me happy and always puts a smile on my face!

This is why i have started a Katzenjammer tattoo on my leg! I am thinking of starting a thread on the forum, to post pictures and updates. hmm...

Any questions, just ask! :D

Knut.

Hell yeah!!  Stick up some pics of the tatt progress!!!
November 01, 2012, 11:54:36 AM
Reply #40

MISTERC00PS

• Cherry
Hello, I'm Kevin and a Katz-oholic.

I am 49 years old and from Biggleswade, England (Famous for being mentioned in a Monty Python sketch - not me - Biggleswade) and I've never been a lumberjack.

I work making polystyrene pots for the food industry and also have a sideline of repairing computers for local people.

Aside from Katzenjammer, my musical faves are Patti Smith, Eddi Reader, Bob Marley, Stiff Little Fingers, Michelle Shocked and Mozart! I bet you don't see those names in the same list often!!

Since discovering and subsequently falling in love with Katzenjammer and their music I've got both their albums which are played to death. Saw them live at Radio 2 Hyde Park 2012 and then again at The Junction, Cambridge. Albums are brilliant, live they are just jaw-dropping. So looking forward to seeing them again in Sandefjord in December and hoping to meet some fellow Katz-aholics!

chillidave, you really must get to see them if you can, I guarantee you will not be disappointed :D
Gigs so far: Radio 2 Hyde Park, 9-9-2012; Cambridge Junction, 25-10-2012; Hjertnes kulturhus, Sandefjord, Norway, 8-12-2012; Bonn Kunst!Rasen, Germany, 23-08-2013; Nottingham Rescue Rooms 08-05-2015; London Scala 11-05-2015; London Shepherd's Bush Empire 17-11-2015; Paard Van Troje, Den Haag 21-11-2015
November 01, 2012, 04:48:02 PM
Reply #41

Steffi

• Trumpeter
    • Kate Havnevik
welcome Kevin!!!!!!
November 07, 2012, 09:52:42 AM
Reply #42

Psylencer

• Cherry
Hi, I´m Sascha from Aachen, the most western town in good old Germany!

I stumbled over the katzengirls by chance and immediatly got fascinated by their empassionating, skillful music and their lovely as well freshning good humour :D!

Though I usually listen to  >:( >:( >:(80s heavy metal  >:( >:(>:(, and play this music successfully with my own bands, Katzenjammer got a grip on my heart and I´m looking forward seeing the girls in 2013!

Greetz, S
"Take me home - on my shield!"
November 07, 2012, 05:51:08 PM
Reply #43

chillidave

• Cherry
  • who says I have to grow up?

chillidave, you really must get to see them if you can, I guarantee you will not be disappointed :D

I wish it were that easy. I will get to see them one day, but family stuff has to take priority at present so there's no nights off for me. Hopefully with the next couple of years things will settle.down and it will be easier to get to some gigs.

Hi, I´m Sascha from Aachen, the most western town in good old Germany

Hi Sascha. I know Aachen. Friends of the family live there and always bring me a box of printen when they visit........mmmmmmmm :-)
November 09, 2012, 09:12:33 PM
Reply #44

marcushanman

• Invite me in for some pie
  • Cherry
Hi all. *sheepishly looks to the floor and mumbles* my name is Marcus, and I am also a Katz-oholic.
I've been a Katz-oholic for a while now, I first saw them on BBC Breakfast TV back in May I think. It was Sol, she first did it. I thought 'this looks fun', it sounded light and frivolous, whimsical, something I could handle.... you know, just a little pick me up if i was feeling blue, just a fun little pastime.... things were going good for a while. I found them on Spotify. I found a clip or two on youtube.
Then it happened.
It was a clip of them singing on a boat. She was stood there. Singing from the top of her lungs.
It was Marianne....
I've been hooked ever since... everyday, its either Katzenjammer or Dandylion.
I'm obsessed. I've bought everything.. got them all on vinyl, CD and downloaded MP3's....
Finally got to see them in Bristol. ..... #deep breath#
but ... what do i do now?!? where do i get the next big hit?!?!?
Friends... i need help.

;-)
bin doin tumblers since I tasted her lovin crumble