KJN Website
March 30, 2017, 10:53:42 AM

Author Topic: Introduce yourself...  (Read 14617 times)

July 26, 2012, 10:42:05 PM
Reply #15

Sab Rina

• Cherry
Hello fellow Katzenjammer-fans,

I'm also new to this forum and - who could guess - a huge fan of the four girls and the most awesome music on earth!
I've been to three concerts so far. Heroine? Wouldn't ever try it. Speed? Don't need it, just watch me getting absolutely crazy during a concert (and normally I'm a pretty quiet person)  ;)
It's great to finally meet some fellow Katzenjammer fans!

Sabrina

July 26, 2012, 11:52:21 PM
Reply #16

Jenny

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Cocktail
Grab a pillow, join the party. It's great to finally meet you, too!
We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.
August 03, 2012, 11:54:08 AM
Reply #17

Jessica

• Cherry
Hi everyone! :)

I joined a few days ago already but I think I should introduce myself now. My name is Jessica, I'm a 20something Katzenjammer fan from Germany and I'm working as a full time web developer, creating websites all day. :P My love for Katzenjammer started around a year ago when I discovered this amazing band and got immediately hooked. Since then, I have been to two concerts (Bielefeld last autumn and Cologne back in June) and tickets for the third are already sitting at home. Anyway, it's about time to meet some more Katzenjammer fans and keep up to date with the latest news. So, hi! :D

Jessica
August 04, 2012, 11:52:24 AM
Reply #18

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
I'm working as a full time web developer, creating websites all day. :P

;) ;) ;)

Anyway, it's about time to meet some more Katzenjammer fans and keep up to date with the latest news. So, hi! :D

Welcome aboard, Jessica!!! :)  Nice to meet you!  When is your next KJ gig?  I'm sure there'll be a few KJN members at it!!
August 05, 2012, 10:13:58 AM
Reply #19

Jessica

• Cherry
^ Fogot to mention it, it's on 22nd August in Bochum, Zeltfestival Ruhr. Spontaneusly ordered after the Cologne concert, as I found out they'll be close again to my home. Though it was absolutely worth the 2 hours ride to Cologne  ;D

So you're a web developer too? ;)
August 05, 2012, 11:39:18 AM
Reply #20

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
So you're a web developer too? ;)

Far from it!!

^ Fogot to mention it, it's on 22nd August in Bochum, Zeltfestival Ruhr. Spontaneusly ordered after the Cologne concert, as I found out they'll be close again to my home. Though it was absolutely worth the 2 hours ride to Cologne  ;D

Soon you'll be part of the travelling Katz fans!! ;)  I've never seen them in my home country yet (Ireland)!!
August 05, 2012, 06:33:14 PM
Reply #21

Kristian

• Cocktail
I'm working as a full time web developer, creating websites all day. :P

Hi Jessica! I used to be a web developer too, but then I got fed up with the browser differences. :-)

Welcome!
Kristian
August 05, 2012, 08:57:06 PM
Reply #22

Jessica

• Cherry
Far from it!!
Okay ;)

Soon you'll be part of the travelling Katz fans!! ;)  I've never seen them in my home country yet (Ireland)!!
Right now I'm travelling a lot for another band but only inside Germany. Maybe one day when there will be some more Euros left I can follow Katzenjammer through Europe ;) But as for now, I just need to keep an eye on concerts in my area or 'close'. I hope Katzenjammer will hop over to Ireland soon too! :)

Hi Jessica! I used to be a web developer too, but then I got fed up with the browser differences. :-)

Welcome!
Oh yeah, good old Internet Explorer ;) Thanks for the warm welcomes! :)
August 13, 2012, 12:55:17 PM
Reply #23

Sven

• Cherry
  • Hey! It's me!
Hello My Dear Friends!

I'm Sven. I turn 20 in a week and I'm addicted to KJ (whole group says *hello Sven*)
I discoverd KJ on a youtube Video from Lasse Gjertsen. And since then i love em.
I saw them 4 times until today. and I'm planning to go to more.

About me: I'm from switzerland and i love to go to concerts and festivals.
I also like travelling and thats why I wonder if anyone of you is on couchsurfing?
I work in a local radio station. unfortunately it does not play KJ. They are not known enough in Switzerland. But I hope they will be some day.

If you have any questions about me or if you want to tell me something just contact me :)

Best wishes!
The bass or the drums or the leadguitar
August 13, 2012, 03:23:58 PM
Reply #24

Jenny

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Cocktail
I also like travelling and thats why I wonder if anyone of you is on couchsurfing?
Hey Sven!
I am on couchsurfing but I cannot currently let anyone surf my couch as I am mostly surfing my sister's couch these days. :P
Anyhow, welcome to the Nation, you'll find the people here are rather lovely!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:30:54 AM by Jenny »
We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.
August 25, 2012, 03:33:47 PM
Reply #25

Grauwölfin

• Cherry
Hey everyone!

Thought it was about the time for me to register here as well. I'm a big fan of KJ for quite a long time now.... :) Saw them three times so far and I hope there'll be much more gigs in the future.

Anyways, my name's Rebecca, I'm 28 and I live in Southern Germany, close to Stuttgart. I'm not too great when it comes to introduce myself, so feel free to ask anything you wanna know. hehe  ;)
August 27, 2012, 11:47:55 AM
Reply #26

chillidave

• Cherry
  • who says I have to grow up?
Hello and welcome.  :)

I love southern Germany. Spent many lovely holidays there as a kid (Black forest etc). Both my parents were teachers so I had long summer holidays with them and my sister. I'm from Southern England - my dad taught german in schools, but unfortunately his skill with languages was not genetic - I can just about ask for food, drink and accommodation if really pushed ;).

I keep telling myself that one day I will take my wife kids and 37 year old VW camper to re-visit the places I went as a kid......one day......
August 27, 2012, 03:09:25 PM
Reply #27

Grauwölfin

• Cherry
Aw... sounds like a very nice plan  :) I think you should definitely do that at some point. Guess it would be interesting to see if and how places have changed since you've been there the last time. And I'm sure your family would enjoy it as well. Especially the Black Forest is a great place to visit with kids. Lots of stuff to see and to do :)
August 28, 2012, 12:15:32 PM
Reply #28

Ludgi

• Cherry
Hi,

nice idea to introduce ourselves and I'd like to do this now, too.
The way I discovered Katzenjammer I have described in another thread in this forum:
http://forum.katzenjammer-nation.no/index.php?topic=49.0

Beyond that I could tell that I live in Aachen, the most western town in germany, and before I discoverd KJ I heard many different kinds of music in different phases of my life - it all began with Queen, then in the Eighteys I became a great Fan of Chris de Burgh - and also Ireland, where I've been four times in my life. In the last decade I heard nearly nothing else than Bruce Springsteen, but I must confess that in the last years my music hearing was decreasing to once a week a few minutes or so. But that changes with KJ - since I discoverd them I discoverd also Youtube and started hearing music during working at the computer.
I love cats (the band name Katzenjammer may be a secondary reason to fall in love with this band), old Hollywood movies (especially Humphery Bogart and the serie noire - Film noir) and the dramas of Teennessee Willams - and Caterpillars, moths and butterflies - which was the reason why I became a so called "Lepidoperologist".
A local german TV-Statation has just made a short report about my work, which you could watch on the internet for 5 Days - unfortunately they will delete it after that period of time. So there are maybe 3 or 4 days left from now n.
Here is the link:
http://www.wdr.de/mediathek/html/regional/rueckschau/2012/08/25/lokalzeit_aachen.xml
If you want to watch the report please click on "Der Schmetterlingsmann".
I hope you enjoy it!

September 04, 2012, 11:37:24 PM
Reply #29

Dave

• Cocktail
Hi all, I'm Dave from Somerset UK. I'm 45. I'm a Katzen-newbie and all round music lover.
I saw the band on youtube, fell in love with the sound and the amazing musicianship, so I bought tickets for two shows this Autumn and since then I've been collecting any and all videos, songs and everything else to do with the band.
I like just about every genre from Billie Holiday and Etta James through to Muse and Deadmau5, I'm not too keen on Opera and free-form Jazz though.
I love to read horror/sci-fi/fanatsy novels and the occasional biography.
I'm an ex-RAF mechanic.
I currently fix airplane bits and bobs for the Royal Navy.
I have two grown up sons and live with their mother, we have been happily un-married for almost 22 years so I guess we are too old to be boyfriend and girlfriend. What is the correct term for two people living together these days? manfriend and womanfriend?  :D
I love seeing small venue shows, but I'm not adverse to stadium concerts. Big festivals aren't my cup of tea though- too many people for my liking.
want to know anything else? just ask :)
You sell tickets to a funeral
'Cause you need tickets to Katzenjammer