KJN Website
March 28, 2017, 12:02:40 PM

Author Topic: Introduce yourself...  (Read 14589 times)

April 20, 2012, 02:51:36 PM

Steffi

• Trumpeter
    • Kate Havnevik
Hi, I'm Steffi...and I am a "Katz-oholic"!  :P

Welcome aboard, everyone...feel free to introduce yourselves in whatever way you want. Be creative! ;D 8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:11:54 AM by Niamh »

"everything and anything is up to you"
April 20, 2012, 03:22:02 PM
Reply #1

Gijs

• Cherry
    • Katzenjammer NL
Hello I am Gijs, i am a Katz-oholic to.

I am a Blues and Jazz lover, but since last year i discovered a new music style, i dont know if there is a name for it, but it is addictive. (Katza-licious)
34 years old, live in the Netherlands.

Met already some other Katz-oholics in the Netherlands and in London (although in London i wasnt that sober anymore after a long day and a Katzenjammer gig :))
I am living together with Karina a another Katz-oholic, that makes live very easy.

I am trying to get more Katz-oholics in the Netherlands by showing them the live registration concerts on Birthdays and other visits, inviting friends for the gigs, and giving friends the KJ cd's for bithdaypresents, and i created www.katzenjammer.nl in the Dutch language.

Visited Katzenjammer gigs :
Zwolle Liberationday 05/02/2011, Deventer Burgerweeshuis 19/06/2011, Arhem Luxor live 26/08/2011, Eindhoven Effenaar 23/11/2011, Haarlem Patronaat 26/11/2011, Amsterdam Paradiso 03/12/2011, London Scala 22/03/2012 Rotterdam Schouwburg 06/05/2012 Leeuwarden 26/05/2012 Alkmaar Victorie 27/05/2012
April 21, 2012, 01:14:50 AM
Reply #2

tea_with_climpson

• Cherry
Hello I am Martin, also a Katz-oholic.

I am 39 years old, live in Hull, U.K. and work in Market Research.

I love all forms of music. I have discovered a number of artists in the last couple of years through Stumbleupon / Youtube, not only Katzenjammer, but also The Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra, Detroit Cobras, Nancy Wallace and Kaylee Cole to name a few.

I saw the girls for the only time (so far) at the Scala in London in March. They blew me away and I am forever spreading the KJ word to my friends and have converted a number to Katzism, with a few of them joining me in Birmingham.

I have to say this thread seems like a self help group, and I always help myself to some Katzenjammer!!
April 21, 2012, 08:47:01 AM
Reply #3

chillidave

• Cherry
  • who says I have to grow up?
Hello

I am Dave and I am 40 (apparently) and I am a Katz-oholic.

I have yet to see them live.......life keeps getting in the way of getting to see a concert. ::)  I will get to see them live one day, but until then, I will have to settle for blasting out the CD whilst chugging along in my VW camper! :)

I work in insurance (which is a tad dull, but pays the bills) but used to be a tree surgeon/forestor, until my shoulder gave up working properly :(  ...........(sings)  I'm a lumber jack and I'm ok............Ahem :-[  ;)

I like a wide range of music/artists, but I suppose the greatest number of CDs on the shelf are by bands such as Marillion, Mostly Autumn, Jump, Fish with some Karnataka, Josh & Co Ltd, Green Day thrown in.

When I'm not working to pay the bills, I can be found covered in engine oil working on the camper, or doing some wood carving or pyrography (have to be careful how I type that one  :) - it's wood burning) or finding ways to amuse my 2 kids.

I seem to have converted my 7 yr old daughter to Katzenjammer and I am working on converting my wife and son.
April 22, 2012, 11:35:48 PM
Reply #4

Keith J

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Trumpeter
Hi, everybody.

I'm Keith from Fife in Scotland and have been a Katzenjammer obsessive for 2 years now (just ask my work colleagues). My age? Well, older than everybody in this thread so far. If I tell you that I've seen the likes of Talking Heads, The Clash and Joy Division play live, you can hazard a guess.

Music is my passion, especially live gigs - I go to around 40 every year. Plus a festival or two. Or three. This year it's T in the Park, Electric Picnic and Bestival. I like a very wide variety of bands/artists and there are a couple who are very special to me and, as with Katzenjammer, I've travelled to other countries just to see them play. They are: Goldfrapp and Bat for Lashes.

I like films and theatre too and the Edinburgh Festival & Fringe is one of my highlights of the year.

I'm delighted that this forum now exists. It's essential for people like me not on Facebook who love to sing the praises of Katzenjammer and it's wonderful to have a comprehending group (unlike at work or home). Let the forum flourish, I say. :)
April 23, 2012, 10:34:37 PM
Reply #5

Kevin

• Cherry
Hi,

So - I am Kevin. I suspect I give Keith a run for his money - 49 in June.

Have been a Katzenjammer fan for ooooh almost 2 months now.  Think you know the story there - looking for Disturbeds cover of Land of Confusion having discussed it with a fellow Genetic at work - bumped into the KJ live version & was immediately hooked. Interestingly a good live performance was what also hooked me onto Genesis - a mere 33 years ago!

Day job is in computing - I design modern day versions of the Enigma machine used by the Germans in WW2. So a bit of a geek/nerd I can hear you think [And I suspect you are rather correct :))].

The older I get the wider & more eclectic my musical taste gets - so now it goes from the Psychedelic Furs to KJ, from Genesis to Gorrillaz & from Kate Bush to Purcell!

Like Keith I also like decent fims - sadly too many of these seem to be old - so things such as A Matter of Life & Death & The Day The Earth Stood Still (The proper version, not the remake) are watch over & over films for me. Some newer stuff is good tho - such as The Matrix (There is no spoon) & most of Pixars output. And the Princess Bride of course :)

BTW chillidave - did you used to put on womens clothing & hang around in bars? :o

Kevin.
April 24, 2012, 07:04:03 AM
Reply #6

Lefty

• Cocktail
Aloha,

i'm Michael from Augsburg (Augsburger Puppenkiste *g*), Germany and i'm 38 years old. I work as a Typograph in a small printing-office. I like a wide range of Music like Ska, R&B (from old Motown, Stax, Atlantic), Punk-Rock, RnR, Bluegrass, Doo-Wop etc. In my spare-time i draw Pictures with Illustrator, collecting Comics, if it's possible i go to any kind of concerts and i have my own programm at a small internet-Radio where i play my favourite music. Also I like a wide range of Movies: i. e. Movies from the Cohen Brothers (Fargo, Big Lebowski, Oh Brother Where Art Thou?), Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Delicatessen, City of Lost Children), Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, Alice in Wonderland, Corpse Bride etc.) and i'm a great Disney-Fan. I love the old disney-movies like Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Robin Hood etc.

That's all from me, my english isn't very well (writing this text took me about 30 min *gg*) i apologize for that :)
April 24, 2012, 08:28:39 PM
Reply #7

Kevin

• Cherry
i apologize for that
Given your English is (at least) a million times better than my German there is no need to apologise!

Kevin
April 28, 2012, 10:36:12 AM
Reply #8

Stien Braeckman

• :)
  • Cherry
  • If you can't be the poet, be the poem.
Hey, I am Stien!
Beside listening to KJ, I have a couple of hobby's!
I play theater at theater Flanel in Temse. On lazy day's I like to make video's in Imovie!
I play the guitar, hang around with my friends and write poems.
 ;D I also like to disscus about the earth and politics! :)
Ever since I am a KJ fan, I tried to convince my friends to listen to KJ! And some of them realy love it!
My favorite song is virginia clemm! But rock-paper-scissors also has a special meaning to me! (I listen to it and sing it with my lovely girlfriend)
Oh yeah, and I am in my last year of secundary school. Right now I studie human sciences but next year, in college, I am going to studie documatary director or teacher! :) That's about it!
BTW: chocolat rules!
Salut en de kost! :) Dikke zoen!
April 29, 2012, 08:17:01 AM
Reply #9

chillidave

• Cherry
  • who says I have to grow up?

BTW chillidave - did you used to put on womens clothing & hang around in bars? :o

No......that's just a vicious rumour and a myth!  ;)  ;D  Anyway most lumberjacks can't find high heeled shoes big enough. And you can't get a kevlar dress that's chainsaw safety clothing compliant  ;) ;D
July 22, 2012, 08:57:53 PM
Reply #10

Damian

• Cherry
Hi everyone!

I'm Damian. I just registered here a few moments ago... I'm glad to be part of this community! :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:05:00 PM by Damian »
July 22, 2012, 10:46:27 PM
Reply #11

Steffi

• Trumpeter
    • Kate Havnevik
Hi everyone!

I'm Damian. I just registered here a few moments ago... I'm glad to be part of this community! :)

Hello Damian,
it's FUNtastic to have you aboard!!! welcome !!!
S.
"everything and anything is up to you"
July 22, 2012, 11:11:05 PM
Reply #12

Damian

• Cherry
Hello Damian,
it's FUNtastic to have you aboard!!! welcome !!!
S.
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
This place seems a bit too quiet... Let's get it rockin'!  8) ;D
July 23, 2012, 09:38:03 PM
Reply #13

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
This place seems a bit too quiet... Let's get it rockin'!  8) ;D

Yes, WELCOME, Damian!!! :)  And you're right.

Let's get place place rockin'!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
July 25, 2012, 02:21:16 AM
Reply #14

Jenny

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Cocktail
Let's get place place rockin'!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
When the place is a-rockin' I come out a-poppin'

Or in other words.. Hi, I'm Jenny and I make very bad jokes! :D
We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.