KJN Website
March 30, 2017, 10:52:02 AM

Author Topic: KJN in Glasgow 28/10/12  (Read 7020 times)

October 27, 2012, 06:00:47 PM
Reply #30

Keith J

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - UK
  • Trumpeter
I can make a reservation nearer the time when final numbers are confirmed.

John Muir Room please (not The Brasserie)  ;)

Update: I couldn't get a table in the John Muir room or the main lounge, so we shall have to put up with the Brasserie! Perhaps we'll get used to the upmarket option.
A table for 12 has been booked to include Jul_Ane and friends. I hope you don't mind that we'll have already ordered by the time you arrive.
See you all tomorrow, for what should be a fantastic evening. :)
October 27, 2012, 10:43:49 PM
Reply #31

Linda

• KJN Admin
  • Trumpeter

Update: I couldn't get a table in the John Muir room or the main lounge, so we shall have to put up with the Brasserie! Perhaps we'll get used to the upmarket option.
A table for 12 has been booked to include Jul_Ane and friends. I hope you don't mind that we'll have already ordered by the time you arrive.
See you all tomorrow, for what should be a fantastic evening. :)

We kinda don't like to go to the brasserie. It's just too expensive and the choices are not the greatest (with too fancy names). So we are probably going to eat somewhere else. Maybe we will join you for a drink before the show, depending on the time.
October 27, 2012, 11:56:03 PM
Reply #32

Keith J

• Trumpeter
I'm not sure it's the proper Brasserie menu. I'll phone tomorrow and check. If we can't get the basic menu there, it might be possible to get a table in the John Muir room/lounge. Just not for all 12 of us at the same table.

Watch this space.
October 28, 2012, 12:17:16 AM
Reply #33

Linda

• KJN Admin
  • Trumpeter
I'm not sure it's the proper Brasserie menu. I'll phone tomorrow and check. If we can't get the basic menu there, it might be possible to get a table in the John Muir room/lounge. Just not for all 12 of us at the same table.

Watch this space.

Thank you! The only problem is that I'm not online anymore after tomorrow morning. I'll send a pm with my phone number
October 28, 2012, 01:03:10 AM
Reply #34

Keith J

• Trumpeter
No problem. If we all meet in the main bar at 4pm, we can decide what to do then. If we can get what we want at the venue, fine. If not, there are plenty of alternatives nearby. Byres Road is that kind of street.
October 28, 2012, 10:19:41 AM
Reply #35

Linda

• KJN Admin
  • Trumpeter
No problem. If we all meet in the main bar at 4pm, we can decide what to do then. If we can get what we want at the venue, fine. If not, there are plenty of alternatives nearby. Byres Road is that kind of street.

Ok that sounds better ;)
We'll be at the bar at 4pm

Btw don't forget the time change today ;)
October 28, 2012, 12:42:27 PM
Reply #36

Keith J

• Trumpeter
Yes, I've remembered the time change and it's making Sunday morning drag on.

The good news is that I've checked with Oran Mor & we can get the lower-cost menu in the Brasserie & that restaurant also has the advantage of being quieter. The main lounge has a jazz band playing at 5pm and even the John Muir room would have rather noisy.

See you all later. :)
October 28, 2012, 01:00:36 PM
Reply #37

Jenny

• Cocktail
Fantastic, thanks Keith! :)
We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.
October 28, 2012, 02:57:00 PM
Reply #38

Niamh

• KJN Admin
  • Kapitän
    • Katzenjammer Nation
Well done, Keith!!  It's going to be a very special night!!!  Have so much fun guys!!! <3
October 28, 2012, 03:13:05 PM
Reply #39

Florian

• "KJN Street Team Admin" - Deutschland
  • Cocktail
Keith, does that mean we can order from the John Muir Room menu at the Brasserie?

October 29, 2012, 03:47:42 PM
Reply #40

Keith J

• Trumpeter
Keith, does that mean we can order from the John Muir Room menu at the Brasserie?

I was half-way to Glasgow by the time you sent this, so couldn't get back to you at the time. It was great that the Brasserie let us order from the menu from the John Muir room, so we got the best of both worlds. The quiet restaurant with room to accommodate all 12 of us and the menu with the widest choice and lowest cost.

It was fantastic meeting everyone - new friends and old. Hopefully a Sunday night gig in Glasgow will be an annual event and we can do it all again.
October 29, 2012, 05:37:34 PM
Reply #41

Juli_Ane

• Cherry

It was fantastic meeting everyone - new friends and old. Hopefully a Sunday night gig in Glasgow will be an annual event and we can do it all again.

FANTASTIC is the right word!!!!! thank you keith, for your good organisation!!! hope to see you all soon  :)
October 29, 2012, 05:51:41 PM
Reply #42

Steffi

• Trumpeter
    • Kate Havnevik
It's soooo great to hear you all had a fun time together...Keith, well done organising it all! :) :) :)
Now, I wanna see picture proof... ;)
"everything and anything is up to you"
October 29, 2012, 06:03:12 PM
Reply #43

Keith J

• Trumpeter
It's soooo great to hear you all had a fun time together...Keith, well done organising it all! :) :) :)

Jenny took some photos, so hopefully she'll post them here or on FB at some point. If she does, I should point out that the glasses on the table contain mostly water! :)
October 29, 2012, 06:21:24 PM
Reply #44

Steffi

• Trumpeter
    • Kate Havnevik

Jenny took some photos, so hopefully she'll post them here or on FB at some point. If she does, I should point out that the glasses on the table contain mostly water! :)

oh that sounds great. and i do trust you re the water glasses ... ;-) ;-) ;-)
"everything and anything is up to you"